View Single Post
Old
10-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
I think when you already have the elite players you get by drafting in the top three it makes it significantly easier to add to your supporting cast.

Your second paragraph I completely agree with although I would shop Brassard.

I think this years draft is about 6-7 players deep. Would not be optimistic of getting what the Rangers needs if drafting 10th or higher. I am a big fan of Draisaitl and Virtanen.

I agree about Ekblad. I am wary of players that are too physically dominant. I usually like players that don't have to grow into their bodies over the opposite, but as long as they arent relying on their size.
It's easier, but many hockey minds will tell you that finding the right players to compliment stars is an art in itself. It takes a certain kind of player to relegate himself to the idea that he'll never be the best player on his line and he'll be forever a product of the star he's playing with.

Too early to say how deep the draft is. A lot can change in 9 months. I do really like Virtanen though. Reminds me a lot of Scott Hartnell, but is a much better skater and has a better release. One of the few prospects who project to be that nasty powerforward who can beat you with his body as well as his shot.

I think Ekblad will be great, but it's just always something I keep in the back of my mind with kids of that size. I'd gladly take him in the top two. Too hard to pass up that combination.