View Single Post
Old
01-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil
the other bit of insight i have at this time is that Balej is ready. more so than we can hope. but he doesnt fit into the equation right now...he is not a third or fourth liner and may not have the defensive mind to even try those lines so first two lines is where he belongs.....who do you sit for him, zed or ryder
You don't sit either Zednik or Ryder, especially not for a player like Balej. You move Bulis down to the third line where he belongs, and move Ryder to the left side. Easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Now how does this help him to develop? The way I see it, Komisarek was not ready enough to grab the opportunity given by the fact there was all those injuries to push a vet out of the lineup. He's still the odd man out and therefore will see virtually no playing time once everybody's healthy IMO.
Players can develop their games by working on it in practice and in the video room. I'd wager much of the development goes on in those two places rather than in the 10-12 minutes rookie defensemen see in the NHL.

And injuries will hit the defensemen at some point. Players will go down and Komisarek will get more chances to play. If he is having success in terms of development and understanding the game with Rick Green, then I see no reason to send him down even if he's in the press box for the majority of the games.