View Single Post
Old
12-08-2006, 02:24 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Inside Hockey Show on Team 990 12/9

Hey all,

Just a head's up that the Inside Hockey Show is now on Team 990, Montreal's Sports Authority on Saturdays, 7:30-9:30. The show is pre-recorded but is a good listen for any hockey fan and a good listen during the intermission of the Habs game.

My name is James Murphy (hockeyscribe22) and I'm a NHL reporter based in Boston. I co-host the show with former NHLer Kevin Stevens and Editor in Chief of Insidehockey.com. I'm a proud HFboards member and would love to hear from all of you if you checkout the show.

You can also hear me on The Stock Exchange every Wednesday at 10:40 AM. Please feel free to send feedback. I'd love to get you all involved with show ideas on topics and guests. We're really psyched to be on in one of, if not the greatest hockey markets in the world!

Note to Moderators: We have the permission of Hockey Goddess and Gee Wally to post this each week. We give frequent shout outs and plugs to HFBoards and if you need us to do so for this board, shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Happy Holidays!

-Murph

jmurphy@insidehockey.com
radio@insidehockey.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW ON XM SATELLITE RADIO
Saturday, 2–4 PM ET (premiere)
Sunday, 10 PM–12 AM ET (repeat)
Home Ice Channel 204

INSIDE HOCKEY RADIO SHOW ON TEAM 990 MONTREAL
Saturday, 7:30–9:30 PM ET
Montreal's Sports Authority, The Team 990 AM

Zach Parise, New Jersey Devils

The former University of North Dakota standout is now one of the Devils' most important offensive contributors. Selected 17th overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft -- likely one of the best ever -- Zach will speak with us about his father JP's influence on his career, what it's like playing for Claude Julien and the Devils, and how he feels when playing in front of his younger brother Jordan (a goaltending prospect in the Devils' organization and a former teammate with the Fighting Sioux). This is sure to be a very fascinating interview with one of hockey's brightest young stars.

“Between the Pipes” w/Brian Daccord feat. Robb Stauber

Former Boston Bruins goalie coach and leading authority on goaltending, Brian Daccord will feature a goalie of the week on each segment of “Between the Pipes.” Director of Superskills Goaltending and the Goaltending Consultant Group, over 27,000 copies of his book Hockey Goaltending have been sold worldwide.

This week, we'll bring Robb Stauber on to join us “Between the Pipes.” Currently the goaltending coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers, Robb will come on to talk about everything from his days playing with Dominik Hasek and Wayne Gretzky to his experiences coaching young Jeff Frazee with the Gophers. Robb's insight will make this a very special edition of “Between the Pipes.”

“The Sin Bin” w/P.J. Stock

Former NHL pugilist and fan favorite in Boston, P.J. Stock now hosts “The Stock Exchange” on Team 990 (Team990.com), Monday-Friday 10 AM–12 PM. We'll get P.J.'s take on the differences between hockey in Canada and the US, and discuss what steps the NHL should take to increase its popularity.

“The Press Box” w/Bob Miller & Bruce Garrioch

This week's edition promises to be very special. First, we'll bring on Bob Miller, the voice of the Los Angeles Kings for 34 seasons and counting. We'll speak with Bob about the Wayne Gretzky era, the evolution of hockey in Southern California, and his new book, Tales from the Los Angeles Kings. And then, Ottawa Senators beat writer Bruce Garrioch will come on to give us his take on the Northeast Division. Are the Senators for real? And why have the Maple Leafs fallen so hard, so fast?

“Campus Buzz” w/Bob Snow

Our college hockey insider Bob Snow comes on for another great edition of “Campus Buzz.” This week, Bob will break down the 10 biggest surprises in the NCAA this season. From the Notre Dame to the Niagara Purple Eagles and from the UMass Minutemen to the Quinnipiac Bobcats, there have been no shortage of great stories in the NCAA this season. And be sure to check out Bob's great companion piece on NHL.com.

“The Golden Years” w/Mike Wyman

In the latest edition of “The Golden Years,” Mike takes a look back at Dick Duff. Duff enjoyed an excellent career with the Leafs, Canadiens, Rangers, Sabres, and Kings that saw him appear in seven separate All-Star Games, and he was recently inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame along with Patrick Roy, Herb Brooks, and Harley Hotchkiss. Be sure to also check out Mike's companion piece about Duff at InsideHockey.com.

Hope you all listen and we're psyched to be on in Montreal!

Best,

HS22 (James Murphy), Kevin Greenstein and Kevin Stevens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote