Old
10-20-2013, 10:40 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
My only issue with Emelin is that, to me, he brings a physical element to the game but not much in the way of offensive or defensive skills. Not to discount the importance of his role/skill set on the team (Look at our defence without him) but I'd rather have a player in the top-4 with a defined skill set, like shut-down defender Gorges, than rely on Emelin in a purely complimentary role. We won't have Markov forever.

That being said, if Emelin comes back in great shape and proves to be a better partner for Subban than Gorges, my opinion is totally changed. He's got the physical potential to be pretty decent at both ends of the ice, that's for sure.
Emelin is a solid defence man when he is partnered with someone that plays his ****ing position and him not having to cover both corners in the defending zone.

Last year with Markov, I don't know if it was because Marky wasn't in the best condition or something the coaching staff employed, but Emelin was the guy working on the boards in both corners. Just before the half way mark of the season Markov started to consistently go into the corners.
It's pretty tough for a left handed dman to play on the right side, and it's even more difficult when you are the sole person doing all the battling.

Pair Emelin with Subban and play them 25-28 mins a game (after 5-8 games when he returns), put Markov with Boullion or Tinordi for 18-20 and the other 2 morons for the rest.

There is no reason to pair 2 TWD together unless it's a PP.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.