View Single Post
Old
01-18-2004, 02:16 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Then you take a look at his career stats and you see he has 17 points in 60 games. I'd say that's a better judge of his career and how he has been fairing in the NHL than his 3 points in 2 games. The truth is, he hasn't made an impact in the NHL like most expected of him.

That being said, he still has more value and upside than Fedorov. Doesn't help the value of Fedor when Burke rips into him every month.
this is first opportunity he has been given since carolina sent him down in preseason. that was the first time he was dealt with properly and it has shown in the last two games. the points didnt come in one game,btw. to judge a 22 year old on sixty games of primarily 3/4 line duty is kinda wrong, isnt it? i think this is his first chance to show what he can really do, and he is being given top line duties. its crazy for me to say that he will put these numbers for good, but i think this is the kind of play he can and will produce. he has changed the canes offense(lavi's new system has helped, too) in two games. the expectations of him are yours, not of canes fans who generally think he is still a top prospect. fedorov may be a player in the end, but right now there isnt much of a comparison. there has been no talk of bad attitude in any day of his career in carolina-so i dont think he has the baggage everyone assumes.