View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak16 View Post
I hear you. I must admit I always liked Lowe's ambition to make impact trades but his arrogance and track record are very off putting as a fan. Lowe is basically Paul Holmgren lite IMO. The difference is that Holmgren had the market to match his ambitions.

But... I did think he handled the whole Burke thing very well. Burke was slandering him in the media for a long time before Lowe actually responded. A response was totally warranted in the form of the clip you referenced.
Except Lowe embarrassed himself in his rebuttal. It sounds like someone was lucky enough to get Lowe on the phone during one of his tantrums. Lowe stupidly and angrily ranted, and his words are even more stupid looking back on it today. Vancouver left in shambles? They almost won a Cup, something that Lowe brags about doing to this day. Burke had JUST won a Cup. Lowe goes on to leave the Oilers in shambles, obliterating several guys reputations in the process (Tambellini, Krueger, etc).

You look at him a few months ago angrily defending his decision to hire MacT as GM and you see he's still the same guy. An absolute idiot who doesn't respect his fans, is still living in the glory days and is sitting pretty while guys like Quinn, Renney, Tambellini, Krueger and now Eakins try to fix this mess of an organization. Yet somehow Lowe gets to stay...

I don't quite understand why you like Lowe's ambition. Lowe's ambition reminds me of a little kid who's just trying to help out, but unwittingly making everything much worse in the process.

I just want some actual professionals who can perform their job well. When will the embarrassment wear off?

Feels good posting this.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote