Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Kreider and Mashinter recalled to Rangers
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 05:11 AM
richardsequalscup*

vCash: 500
Not a big fan of Russian players and more and more they leave early to go back to the KHL. McIlrath was the right pick. If nobody has noticed, this team has had Nash and McDonagh run badly the last two years and nobody on this team did a damn thing. Other teams aren't afraid to take runs like that. McIlrath will change that. McIlrath is the kind of player that doesn't need to come in at 22. He's not the kind of player you have to worry about when he's 32 with his offensive skills declining. What he does he should be able to do very well until 35.

There was a Devil standing right in front of Lundqvist the other game, two Rangers defenseman were right there and never attempted to move him. Disgusting. Players like McIlrath don't play like that. I never feel when other teams forwards skate across our blueline that they run the risk of being leveled. McIlrath will change that. He's going to struggle with his puck handling at the NHL level for a year. Who cares. The guy is a very good skater for his size and he destroys people with open ice hitting. This team badly needs what he brings.

I don't think Kreider is being showcased. I think the Rangers already love Allen who is playing very well at Hartford. I think he can fill the spot of MDZ. I think what you are looking at is a MDZ-Boyle-Zuccarello package for one wing. Who that is I have no idea. It is unlikely but the Flyers and the Rangers are ideal partners right now. The Flyers badly need a defenseman and a checking center. Sather has always loved Simmonds. He tried to get him from the Kings. If you can get past his 6 year contract which is not a huge cap hit, that package for Simmonds makes a lot of sense.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote