View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 07:40 AM
mfrerkes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackets Woodchuck View Post
Just a random thought, but assuming the CHL folds after this season and takes the Cutthroats with it, do you think the Avs try to pick up an ECHL affiliation (Colorado Eagles maybe?) or just go the Buffalo route and restock their AHL team after callups/injuries exclusively from PTO agreements?
I think your assumption that the CHL will fold after this season might be premature. Don't get me wrong. From a financial standpoint, this league should have called it quits long ago. However, the guy who own(ed) this league has shown a cult-like devotion to keeping it alive regardless how many millions in personal wealth get sucked down the drain.

He has already signed up for another year of losses in Quad City, and I'm sure if any of the other franchises are at risk of tanking, he'll take extraordinary measures to keep those afloat as well. I'm simply not willing to bet that the CHL is in its final season.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the CHL keeps trying this "Weekend At Bernie's" routine for every franchise which requires it.

mfrerkes is offline   Reply With Quote