View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The Nash trade was a disruption of the apple cart. It took away some of that "core" that most of us are talking about. And once again, brought in a player who has never played under the pressure of playing in a big city, sports town.
Right but this doesn't answer my question. How did it upset our offensive chemistry when we had very little anyway and how did it cause Richards and Gabs to forget how to play hockey? Did it kill our puck possession last year or something? How many fewer goals did we score last season compared to the average under Torts? Team looked pretty much the same offensively and defensively last year imo. But we had two superstars produce nothing and take up top 6 spots and PP time. What happened to them was independent of the trade and no one seems to have any evidence to the contrary. If they do I'd be happy to listen. Does Nash carry an aura of disruption helmet equipped that makes all superstars forget how to play so he can look good? -5 to team charisma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
If Torts had focused more on the power play or at least been open to replacing sully as an assitant he may have still been coaching the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Even though our PP looks better with AV, and Vancouver's looks awful under Torts, with elite PP personnel?
I don't disagree. It is what I previously thought though. It's been a small sample size but you are right about this aspect. I do think the all time atrocious PP and his inability to fix it was a great catalyst for his sudden firing. Perhaps the horses in TB carried him PP wise.

We were almost unanimously mistaken to think it was smart to let Prust go for that money. He's the type of guy we begged for and were glad to let him go over what 2 million over 4 years?

Last edited by shinchanyo: 10-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.
shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote