View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
haha! when a dman such as Gorges has more points than a forward (on any team) you know this forward is bad/done
Even if I do think that Heatly is far from what he was, it won't stay that way, comparing his stats to Gorges', and you know it. Making that comparison after 5 games means nothing.

Personnaly, I just think that Heatly would bring to habs more than what Gionta brings right now, in a very different manner. After such trade, it's almost a given Heatly would play better for at least a few months. He's more of a sniper, he's big, and would be a real presence on the PP, while Gionta is bringing it down.

And I don't buy what the loss of Gionta means in terms of leadership, as I don't buy into the bad infulence that could have Heatly. The young habs players have shown enough of workethic to not be influence by Heatly, and it's about time to concretly give the team to the young guys by getting rid of a done captain.

Of course, Heatly would be a very temporary measure, but habs need it right now. And there is absolutly nobody in Hamilton who can do Heatly's job while plenty on the team can do Gionta's job.