View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll admit - I was one of them. I really wanted the team to draft Josh Morrissey, especially after his outstanding season in the WHL and his play at the Ivan Hlinka tournament (of note, Sam Morin was his defense partner). My own thoughts were that Morrissey was a more refined player and had the offensive upside this club needed. With that being said, I have no problems saying I'm glad the Flyers took big Sam.

His play at the rookie tournament and in the pre season really opened my eyes with what he's capable of bringing to the table. And when you consider that the East has players like Tom Wilson, Milan Lucic, and a host of other big forwards, it certainly doesn't hurt to have a 6'7 defender back there with a mean disposition who can handle those guys.

I still think Morrissey is probably going to be the best offensive defenseman of that draft, but Morin might end being the most complete defenseman of that draft.

I agree with you 100%

You and I kind of went back and forth somewhat about who the Flyers would pick, Morin vs Morrissey. I must admit I did not really know anything about Morin until late January. But the kid just shot up the board and made me a believer. I did like Morrissey and Rychel, but Morin seems to have "it". I think he will be a really good pro who will help this team in the future. Big forwards will not like playing against him. I am not saying he is the second coming of Chris Pronger, but he will be a fan favorite. Going by that show the Flyers put out, they were hot on Muellar and Monahan(who I think they pick if they had not gone on that late season run).

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote