View Single Post
Old
12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Travis Moen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins fan here. Wanted to get some feedback on Michel Therrien.

Right now the Pens are struggling, scoring about 2 goals a game. I was wondering about some of the things he did as coach of Montreal that the fans hated or liked.

Things I've noticed him doing in Pittsburgh than many are getting agitated with his line shuffeling. Every game all 4 lines are switched and then the lines are changed at least a half dozen more times throughout the game.

How was he with the players? For us, Therrien or anyone was an upgrade of Edzo so for the plethora of young guys on this team (many of who had Therrien as an AHL coach) they are probably content, but the situation in Montreal was different. I wondered if there was anything said by any players that was negative.

I'm just curious to see if there are similarities between his time in Montreal and Pittsburgh and what the overall consensus is/was on him.

Thanks.
IMVHO, we were going nowhere with Therrien. I can't think one game where we outshoted the opposing team.
Of course, this was mainly due to the fact that we had an average team, but I never felt any progression while he was the coach. Therrien never gave the chance to the young players and kept making strange choices and rotations. He even lost us a playoff series by himself

I remember A LOT of people asking for his head, but this dosent say a lot... If we lose our next 5 games, they will do the same to our current coach.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote