View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 11:48 AM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
You don't know where I'm getting the numbers? Really? But that's not the point. The point is that, regardless of how bad our PP was by comparison, Nashville got 9 of those 37 shots on the powerplay (compared to our 4 on the PP), and started off the game with 3 shots on that first PP, which fueled some early momentum for a couple of shifts that followed. Last half of the 1st was nothing like the first. But really, the worst of everything had to be the first 5 minutes of the 2nd period, in terms of defensive zone play, and play was more or less split for the last half of the game. I think that 5 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd is perhaps getting too much weight in a 60 minute game from anyone adamant about a "bad" rating defensively.
I still don't understand why you used ES shot totals when we only had one more penalty than Nashville, but whatever. Shots were 37-29 for Nashville, and that shot total is NOT good. Especially coming from a defense-oriented team like Nashville.

If your point is that they played much better than us on the PP (or we played much worse on the PK), then I'd agree. But the majority of the game was filled with terrible team play in our own zone, from losing puck battles to bad positioning.