View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Nobody claimed that having an enforcer would stop all injuries. Simply that there would be less cheap shots if Eakins sends the enforcers out after the guy that did it. Eakins didn't send Gazdic after Gryba...
Actually I've heard many magical things that enforcers are supposedly able to do by their supporters.

a) yes reduce injuries. Because other teams are scared by enforcers that our stars will be able play more games because they will be hit less. Ottawa sure didn't see intimidated by Gazdic in the lineup did they? they hit Hall, Eberle, Hemsky and every single one of the Oilers at every opportunity, leading to Hall's injury. The Sens were hitting the Oilers BEFORE Hall's injury and after, regardless of this so called intimidation.

b) that the Oiler players will be happier. This happiness I guess will somehow extend into better playing but I haven't seen that with the arrival Mac or Gazdic.

c) that other teams will be intimidated by our enforcers so we can now punish other teams. Yup, other teams look like they're running scared when they play the Oil.

The Oilers picked up the toughest enforcer in the league SteveMac who promptly got injured. Then they have Gazdic. And Brown, so 1.5 enforcers. Aside from running around in their own zone, How is that working so far?