View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 07:42 PM
sxHarr05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickchecked View Post
Awesome post with lots of info but this is all I can take away from it:

And I just googled for a yoga studio to join. Good thing I have a bony ass.

Agree with the stretching, though. Seriously, for anyone who spends any time watching hockey, you have time to stretch. Get off the couch and spend 30 minutes stretching. It's easy and well worth it.
I get up at 5 every day. Start work at 6. Somewhere between 6:30 and 6:45 I can be found in the back of the warehouse touching my toes. Then on with the rest of my routine. I have a wonky neck/shoulder which can cause severe pain in my left arm if not watched (stretched daily and chiro every other week, and heavy work in the gym) and I've seen first hand what a bad back can do to someone. At 40 and just getting back into the game I'm not leaving anything to chance. I understand there are obviously injury risks, but I'll deal with calling out broken from a hit rather than calling out with a groin pull because I caught a rut. I stretch before work to limber up and get the blood/caffeine flowing. Also the typical before game and after gym. It's something that can be done anywhere, any time you feel the need/want.

sxHarr05 is offline   Reply With Quote