Old
10-21-2013, 07:17 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jeff Gorton has been in his current role since July 2011. Glen Sather is the boss. It doesn't matter if he has delegated the day to day ops to Gorton or before him Don Maloney. In 2006,Bobby Clarke resigned as Flyers boss. His AGM Paul Holmgren replaced him. He had different views than Clarke. Holmgren's teams made the ECF in 2008 and the Cup finals in 2010. Holmgren made a million trades. He was his own man. Jerry Reese is his own man too. I'm sure he had different views than Ernie but Ernie was the boss. Reese has fielded the worst Giants team since the 1970s. No running backs. No offensive line. No tight end. No pass rushers. Linebackers aren't important in the Giants scheme so Reese gets a pass too there. Reese doesn't talk to the media. He is taking a page from the Sather playbook. No accountability.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...om-jerry-reese

Sather has to to go. If he has any self respect,Sather would admit his time running the team is over. He is 70 years old.
Reese gets a pass because he won two Super Bowls. How is he even comparable to Sather? I don't understand what you're getting at here.

If Sather wins a Cup, I'll allow him to die as GM for all I care. But he won't, so it's a moot point.

Just a poor comparison, though. The current Giants are team of former champions under Reese. The team has gotten older and is ready to be brought out to pasture.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote