View Single Post
Old
10-21-2013, 09:34 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
There's a movie based on the Ted Lindsay section of Net Worth, was made in '95, pretty good.

Anyways, I was fortunate to find the book at a Goodwill, I'd recommend people try to pick it up for cheap online used if possible because it's one of the best hockey books written, gives good insight to the scenes behind the game.
Net Worth? I'll look for it. It was soo shady back then. The Que provincial government actually helped financially support the Habs set up their farm system by building most of the rinks from tax dollars. Remember the political climate in Que was unique for Canada. You were seeing a divide between what was seen as the wealthy English minority and the blue collar French majority. The Habs were seen as a beacon to the French in Que and across Canada for that matter and it served the Que political agenda to have the Habs dominate with French players. Interesting stuff. Also kinda makes me mad at Leaf ownership and Ontario provincial government because the had the $$$ to stop the Habs implementation of their cherry picking farm system.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote