View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 02:04 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
They drafted/acquired just the right amount of skill to make it work.

Guys like Hudler, Baertschi, bring a decent amount of skill - but it goes hand-in-hand with solid cerebral 2-way players like Monahan and Backlund. Then add the grit of guys like Glencross and Jones. They have finishers too - Stempniak and Cammalleri (bench). It's a perfect mix of players specialized to certain roles. I've mentioned this before. Whereas the Oilers have 7-8 skill players - the Flames have 2-3 guys specialized within each role, able to bring something to the lines they're on.
Exactly.
So far I think the Flames are doing their rebuild much much more effectively than the Oilers did. Acquiring 3 1st round draft picks by unloaded veterans was a very nice start.

I am not even sure what the 'F' the Oilers did other then mismanage the team so bad that they ended up getting 1st overall pick after 1st overall pick. I guess incompetence = rebuild according to some.

In any event the lucky thing for the Oilers is that MacT has an opportunity to unload some of those skill players and add some balance to this team.

I like Yakupov but I would be surprised if he isnt the player headed out in an attempt to build a better team.