View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Unfortunately it's very simple. But the Rangers always make it look hard. In places like Detroit they make it look easy year after year. Always competing for a Cup. What must it be like to be a fan of a team like that?

Boring? I'd trade the "boredom" of consistent winning and cup contention for the tradition of drama any day.
You must not remember Detroit pre-1990.

And besides, I wasn't talking about the history of the team. You said it was simple, that the Rangers suck and they shouldn't. There is nothing simple on why the Rangers suck right now. It's frustrating as hell, for sure, but it's fascinating in its own way.

Besides, after being a fan for 25 years, and having the Rangers miss the playoffs from the time I got into high school until after I moved out of New York (in other words, the entire time I was likely to attend a lot of playoff games), I understand the frustration. My feeling is that I'm not going to lose patience with a team after less than 3 weeks of regular season play. Then again, I also don't get upset about things I know aren't going to change, like who the GM of this team is, so maybe I'm a little different. Instead of being frustrated, I'm just resigned to my fate as a fan of the Rangers (and the Mets, for that matter).

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote