View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Socks
HeadFake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Time to choose a new field, its not going to change and will only get earlier each year, especially for the big retailers. Im sure it will be successful because most people are bored and tired of their family already and want to get away
My objections are as much from a management perspective as they are from someone who simply doesn't want to work at a nonessential job on Thanksgiving. I manage a smaller store in the mall. Including myself there are 4 employees. I don't need anyone else and, in fact, couldn't provide another employee with any hours were I to hire one except on this one overly long day. It is not logical for me to do this. Moreover who is going to apply for abd accept a position for one day? We don't use temps, so that's out of the question. I'm simply not adequately staffed for an extended day like this.

The second problem for my store relates to payroll. My store does a good amount of business but on Black Friday people are not flocking to us first thing to get that great sale. Prior to 8ish we'll have a few sales but usually nothing to make it worth us being open. It's generally a full shift of wasted salary. And for someone who has a limited amount of salary hours each week to deal with (i.e. me) that makes me resent having to be there all the more as it takes away hours from the more prime times that we need people to work.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote