View Single Post
10-22-2013, 10:29 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I'm advocating trading one of Staal, MDZ and Girardi and maybe Callahan.

Of course some of these players are studs, and Tavares certainly is one of the best. Hence why I said there are four players on the Lundqvist/Nash level on the list. Stating that all of those prospects will turn out to be studs as a fact is beyond delusional. There is no fact when projecting the future. You know what was written about guys like Brule, Zherdev, Filatov, Niederreiter or Turris? The exact same thing you now state as a fact. The list of high end draft picks not fulfilling expectations is probably just as long as those who fulfill their promises.

But arguing with you is pretty pointless, as everything is a definite fact for you. It's a fact we have been doing the same thing, it's a fact that we would do the same thing again, it's a fact that retooling never works, and it's a fact that those prospects all reach their potential.

This love for prospects and high picks really is out of hands at times. Now "Nash is going to be 30 soon", so trade him while he still has value. I guess the Penguins window will be closing in two years then, right? After all Malkin and Crosby soon will be 30 by then as well...
What about those guys? Are we going to go back in time and draft them? They are irrelevant. Time moves forward, not backward.

As far as the window thing goes, it's clearly over your head. Malkin and Crosby are better than any of the players we have, and will be for years.

Arguing with me is pointless for you because I keep proving you wrong. Sorry.