View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Off Sides

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
See I just think this keeps chaos revolving around this team. I can understand where you're coming from, but without an organizational philosophy and team identity, the moves you propose aren't filtered through the lens of anything. They're more shot in the dark moves made in a vacuum.
I agree with everything you said in this thread, I just don't see any way out unless they find an owner who will let them really rebuild with the proper patience it takes. Then that owner hires someone who has the vision and skills to take what they have now and turn it into that vision.

Until that happens this is all arithmetic. It will always be "rebuild while remaining competitive." Any GM would be fired if he really rebuilt without the consent of the owner, and even if he did get the nod he still might be fired if the owner changed his mind, lost patience or felt the rebuild was not going well.

Sather has played this whole thing pretty well in terms of occupational security, like the team, dislike the team, good moves, bad moves, but as long as the team is not forgotten all is well. One hand on marketing, one hand on playoffs, lots of interesting characters whether players or coaches, selling hope with UFA's, trades yearly. The only thing that goes stale is the fact they are never going to be considered real contenders by the few that understand what that means.

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote