View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It pisses me off when guys like Pete Carroll & Terrell Pryor leave on their own terms unscathed while their teammates & coaches who had nothing to do with it have to get punished.
Technically Pete Carroll never got in trouble for anything. The got their sanctions because Reggie Bush's parents got a house and OJ Mayo got gifts from agents before even stepping on the court. I'm not going to pretend that Carroll never did anything wrong because every coach is doing something that's a violation at one point or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's pretty simple the NCAA got caught with their pants down in this situation when they were paying off the guys lawyer. It's hard to enforce rules when you can't even follow your own rules. Miami has also been self-imposing a bowl ban for the last two years along with playing with 70 or so scholarship players. So to me this is a fair ruling, it honestly could have been nothing with the way the NCAA conducted themselves in the investigation.

Personally I'm not in favor of bowl bans & scholarship losses because to me they punish the wrong people (the players & fans). I think they should just slap the universities with huge fines in all cases.
Then they just raise tuition.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay