View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
This won't be popular, but I think a lot of the hate aimed at Holmgren is harsh. Sure, he's made mistakes like any GM but I don't think it's much on him. The team we're putting out each game isn't low on talent. They're young, talented and simply underperforming. I mean, let's look at a few of our key individuals:

Giroux is at a pace 50 points below his usual, Simmonds is 30 points below, Voracek 48 points below last year, Read managed 46 last year, Timonen was third for D points in the league, Hartnell averages 52 points with us, none of those three have even scored a point yet.

This isn't down to the GM. He's put together a team full of players who have scored points in Philadelphia but they're flat-out not doing it this year. Our failures are down to a pathetic camp, injuries to key players and pressure compounding pressure.

Hell, our saviour right now is the goalie nobody wanted but Holmgren saw the potential in. It's not Holmgren's fault that the forwards aren't scoring, that Pronger went down, that Giroux injured his hand and that Voracek had that car accident. We've got a good team on paper and that's Holmgren's job.

I firmly believe that with a remotely-competent training camp and a fully-fit team we'd be riding fairly high right now.
ok for a second this sounds reasonable..beyond that it's pure insanity.

A GM that apparently "overrates" his team and players as he himself admitted after the 2010-2011 season and that now the owner is suggesting may be the case again doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt much longer. Last couple of seasons he's been horrible as a GM..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote