Old
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
who benefitted the most from their linemates:

Trottier had one of the greatest scorers of all-time in Bossy.
Not sure if you have these guys in order of most benifitted or not but will take each one as they come up.

Trottier had a very good first 2 years before Bossy arrived, sure bossy probably help him but he had this for his 1st 2 seasons.

80-32-63-95 plus 28 , aside form Potvin, he had 25 more points than the next best forward on that team.

76-30-42-76 plus 28, once again the best forward on the team and helped maintain the good production of Billy Harris

Quote:
Esposito had Orr.
In contrast we saw what Phil did, or actually didn't do in his none Boston years and the R-on, R-off really tells us what kind of player Orr was, compared to Phil

Quote:
Did Mikita play with Hull that much 5 on 5, or were they mostly together on the PP?
Mikita was #3 for me, a star player at both ends of the ice and completely changed his game from an instigator type to a Lady Byng guy and didn't lose a step.

Quote:
Beliveau had Richard for several years.
Jean was a star before he entered the league and his playoff scoring and play made him #2 on my list, great longevity and aged extremely well.

Quote:
Messier I assume was only mostly with Wayne on the PP only. Won the Hart without Wayne, and carried the Rangers to their Cup in 94.
The Moose is a weird case, always had great talent around him yet always seemed to play very well, well often enough and for enough games to a serious consideration for top 5 IMO.

Quote:
Clarke had Leach.?
He did but it really only affected his scoring, bumping it up slightly for 2 regular season years, if he scored only around 100ish points in those years he would still have been a top, if not the top center in the league with his 2 way play.

Quote:
Morenz.... did he play with Lalonde?
I'm not so sure that line mates matter quite as much with such small rosters and the style of play in the 20's and 30's, will have to research that a bit.

Also Nighbor has been brought up 2 times in this thread, I had to backtrack and check that he wasn't eligible for voting.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote