View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
From the looks of the hit I've had a similiar injury to this before. I'm not going to sit here and say we're even remotely close, but the way he took the hit and how he thought it was ok enough to skate on it after was exactly how I felt. The knee feels loose, but walkable. When you dangle it, that's when the pain comes in and there's no lateral movement. My hit was from indoor soccer though.

The injury I had took 4-5 months to recover from with only light running allowed, no physical activity.

Let's hope he is mentally and physically ready to come back in 4 weeks, but to be honest I think that's a super optimistic timeframe. I'd say about 2-4 months for a pro athlete.
I experienced the same type of injury in Hawaii body surfing. I actually had to move from Victoria because the moisture still causes pain. It's been 3 1/2 years for me.

When you see the replay of him taking the wrist shot after the penalty my wife says to me that's exactly what happened to you.

From my experience he will eventually tear it completely and have to get it reconstructed.