View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You love to make me work....Before I do though....let's hope you are not going to reply that we have a different idea of what a "prospect" is or that they don't have the same key roles that our players have. 'Cause I won't like you if you do. Question is how many teams have graduated 3 prospects in 2 years so here we go...

DETROIT
Joakin Andersson (only 5 games in 11-12)
Tomas Tatar
Luke Glendening (24 year old...still considered a prospect. Ex-Wolverine so it count even more)

TORONTO
Joshua Leivo
David Broll
Carter Ashton

TBAY
Alex Killorn
Tyler Johnson
Ondrej Palat
Richard Panik

FLORIDA
Barkov
Huberdeau
Bjugstad

BUFFALO
Girgensons
Grigorenko
Larsson

CHICAGO
Saad
Pirri
Nordstrom (started the year, not with the Hawks anymore)

MINNY
Niederraiter (just his real 2nd season, 9 games in 11-12)
Granlund
Coyle
Zucker (though he's not active anymore...)

DALLAS
Chiasson
Eakin
Nichuskin

RANGERS
Miller (question of time before he's being recalled...)
Fast
Kristo (okay, okay.....that's just for me....but he should be recalled soon too...)

SAN JOSE
Hertl
Nieto
Hamilton

Then....(and please just note the research I made just for you...), we can say 3 'cause Bournival JUST got his job....but it still could ahve been 2 nto that long ago WITH Bournival as a possible callup. But then on top of everything I noted before, there are some prospects in the AHL that are just waiting for injuries to make the jump contrary to us. While everything isn't stats, look at the AHL page for scorers and you'll see quite a few kids in there.
I would say it's a little early to be anointing some of those players listed as having "graduated"..especially those...ahem...Rangers (:-)) and Leafs. The better question might be - What teams have graduated three prospects that are playing on their team's top two lines? Tonight the Habs have three, two which are cemented as top six forwards now - that's impressive.

I don't think Neidereiter should be considered as a wild prospect who graduated either, and if he's included...Eller would come close to qualifying as well as a 2012-13 graduate.

As for Kristo being a graduate of the Rangers system. First of all..he ain't graduated..second of all..he's played a grand total of 8 games for the organization. Thomas right now is as much of a graduate for the Habs as Kristo for the Rangers. ;-)

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote