View Single Post
Old
10-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Who do you prefer out of Dal Colle vs Bennett or Ritchie. Those guys seem in a similar tier. I like Virtanen and Draisaitl because I think they have pretty unique skill sets. What would you fix about the German kid's skating, hadn't really noticed anything there.
Good pick up..I've been writing profiles for a site with a rating system based off of attributes and production. Bennett's held down first so long I forgot about him.

Bennett hands down. He's playing dominant hockey and showing grit rarely found with his skill level.

Dal Colle is the only one standing out now for his unreal hands, laser shot, and consistency early on.

Ritchie's a real wildcard - if he matures he's going to be a Lucic/Bertuzzi. Right now he's erratic and he's the least guaranteed to pan out.

Virtanen had a dry spell but boy this guy is going to be some player. His skating is powered by nitrous oxide I swear. So pretty to watch, effortless top end. Goal scoring instincts and bangs, so no Rico Fata here.

Draisaitl is hit or miss. One game he'll look like Nash the next Jeff Toms. The game slows down when he's got the puck so you dont notice his skating, but away from the puck his acceleration and fluidity of stride lacks. You can see him labor a bit.