View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 06:03 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
These players are good on paper, I think it is a chemistry problem. While you cannot blame Homer for not predicting how players will play together once acquired perfectly, it is a risk when you as active as changing the roster as the Flyers have been.

With Homer you get good moves and bonehead moves. Here are some.

Good:

- Acquiring rights to Timonen and Hartnell
- Coburn for Zhitnik
- Leino for Tollefsen and 5th
- Voracek, 1rst and 3rd for Carter
- Richards for Simmonds, Schenn and 2nd
- Mason for 3rd + MFL

Bonehead:

- Eminger and 3rd for a 1rst
- Carcillo for Upshall and 2nd
- Giving away a 2nd to get rid of Gauthier's contract (cap issue)
- Signing Bryz
- Trading Bob
- JVR for L. Schenn (looking that way)
I would additionally rate the Grossmann acquisition as a good trade because brought more to the team then anticipated and got a well deserved extension. Jury is stillout on the contract itself though.

The short Pavel Kubina in O&B era was a failure considering what he gave up for him.

Trading Bob looks bad right now but was no boneheaded move, at least in my books. Homer liked his play but his hands were bound with Bryz still around till Armageddon and Bob unlikey to re-sign anyway because he wanted to be a starter.

I personally also like that Homer found a way to persuade Vinny to come to Philly. More than half of the league where after him.

Many good minor moves and free agent college player signings are also to be banked on the positive side.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote