View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Jim Ramsay

vCash: 500
Just caught a snippet of it last night on the news, but I guess before the islander/canucks game a reporter had asked Tortorella what he thought of the ranger struggles.

He said something along the lines of "It wouldn't be fair for him to comment on a team that he isn't coaching, but that he loved his time with the organization, loves the area and when all is said and done he will move back to the new York"

I've said it a few times this offseason, but I think a lot of fans took for granted just how far this team was able to go with Torts as coach. I also felt like the rangers under him showed up most nights and if they weren't in line he would call a timeout to get them going.

The game against the devils I thought was really pathetic, nothing about it felt like a rivalry game to me. Seemed like there was a lot of players going through the motions. No one was hitting, and no one was trying to do any thing to get the team going. It was very ugly.... I know I'm getting sidetracked here, but nothing would surprise me if this team didn't get near as far as they did under Torts. Maybe the players started to tune him out and get tired of him, but as far as I'm concerned these players are playing pathetic right now so its time for them to show up.