View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
What you say is so true. When all is said and done, LD is going to smooth out his skating and it's not going to get in his way of getting to the NHL.

However, this is the wrong crop to have the slightest flaw. Right now, LD sticks out for his skating and is the difference - there's no sugar coating it.

Dal Colle can snipe and dangle just as good. Virtanen can blaze and release. Perlini's skating is smooth as hell and has a variety of tricks to beat the goalie. McCann has no flaw whatsoever.

It's gonna be tough to crack the group, but when on he's a gamer.

Kreider's a burner who can't handle the puck like LD. As far as my scouting is concerned, if you don't handle - make that manhandle the puck - I'm not looking at you with a first round pick. It's very important guys can lead rushes and create at that level based off of skill not speed and LD can.
Can't speak on this group enough, as I said I haven't had the chance to watch them much yet. I'll get into their games a bit more as the season goes on, or see where this team is standing and try guess where they might draft and watch those kids instead. I agree on Kreider and will add that he doesn't have the puck find him much at this level, if at all. Miller does to an extent. Nash is a prime example on this team, look at the LA game he got a ton of touches where he was in the right place at the right time. Cherepanov also had that. It's a rare thing and is probably attributed to vision and hockey IQ, but sometimes it just looks like an affinity with the puck. Any of these youngsters got it?