View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 09:15 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
And just as likely scratched for some of the past ten games. Ice time is earned, not given based on last year ... or some conceived notion of "paid his dues". These boards love to declare some kid a lock almost every year, usually based on a limited callup at the end of a season. Both the board and the player then tend to forget that the kid has to come in hungry and clearly outperform his competition during camp, especially when the business end of hockey comes into play with waiver eligibility, cap hit aspects, etc.

If Moser, Beck, Sissons, Budish or any other prospect want time wearing a gold jersey at the Bridge, they need to make the case on the ice ... not through sentimentality.
Not really earned under Trotz and we've seen this before, not just with Hendricks.

Hendricks is not creating anything and is taking stupid penalties yet continues to get ice. he has 2 take aways and 3 give aways, no points. Which pretty much means he's not doing anything on the ice but take penalties. I'm not an advanced stat guy so I'm not going to pretend to be. I am an eye test guy though, and Hendricks is failing the eye test, Stalberg isn't far behind either.

I'd much rather Beck and Forsberg's offensive skill in place of both of these guys.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote