View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 10:35 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Not really earned under Trotz and we've seen this before, not just with Hendricks.

Hendricks is not creating anything and is taking stupid penalties yet continues to get ice. he has 2 take aways and 3 give aways, no points. Which pretty much means he's not doing anything on the ice but take penalties. I'm not an advanced stat guy so I'm not going to pretend to be. I am an eye test guy though, and Hendricks is failing the eye test, Stalberg isn't far behind either.

I'd much rather Beck and Forsberg's offensive skill in place of both of these guys.
Hendricks needing to sit is a separate issue from Forsberg/Beck, especially when the forwards are healthy. He has 4 minor penalties so far (one was a double) ... yet he's the one singled out as the "dumb penalties" whipping boy.

Forsberg is still adjusting to the NHL game and is not exactly performing in the defensive end (-6 using standard stats, 3 GvA, 3 TkA). Whether he should be on the NHL roster or in Milwaukee is a point that deserves discussion without an obvious answer. He's got skill, but, so far it isn't amounting to anything more at ES than Hendricks' grinding ... both are 0g, 0a at ES. If Beck, Budish, or Sissons is a better option at that wing right now is something I hope the team is looking at. If sitting Hendricks ... icing a 4th line of Nystrom, Gaustad, Clune ... and getting Stalberg on a line with another winger who can do something in the offensive end is the right path without a roster move is another option they should investigate.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote