View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 09:53 AM
BearishRiggs

vCash: 500
The whole team appeared just as lazy as they do now under Torts last season. I remember the games, and specifically what the GDT's were saying. This isn't Torts' team anymore. We're not a chip n'grind hockey team like we were in 11-12, the personnel changes have reflected that, and the coaching change needed to reflect it as well. The team we have now was built for someone other than Torts. It's as simple as that.

In all honesty, I think we plateaued with Torts. We made it to the ECF after a brutal season, and two loooong playoff rounds. We basically lost to the Devils fourth line. Our best chance to go further was in a shortened season when the style of our game wouldn't completely be our downfall come the postseason, and we got bumped out earlier than the year before. Blame it on the new players, blame it on whoever, but the point is you can't convince me the same thing wouldn't have happened this year under Torts. Some new blood was needed, and I'm willing to wait until we have at least something resembling a full roster to judge it completely.