Thread: Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I have to say I was impressed with Eberle last night. One of the reasons being is I was watching the first half of that game, and Montreal applying a blanket, and thinking that this is the type of game in which Eberle gets zero pts. But he kept coming, kept making quick adept plays and controlling puck and was a force to contend with as many Oilers were in 2nd half of game.

A game like this is very important because its the team overcoming adversity in a game. They hung around, and found a way to get back in it last night. I like the killer instinct shown as well once they got the tying goal. Team had a different sense of urgency and including Eberle and put away a W that they probably weren't getting last season.

This type of game is a proving ground. Went from 4-1 loss to 4-3 W against the same club.

Injuries, and still getting better. Gotta like that.
There was a shift in the 1st that I thought he was very weak on , he had a clear chance to get puck out of zone after they were pinned in for a long time , instead of just nailing down the ice he looked over to see if someone was breaking out. Montreal soon scored after but rest of game he was great.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote