View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 11:51 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Last thread passed 1000, continue here.

A few posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
@jordandreger: Oilers trade Yakupov Hemsky and Smid to Philadelphia for Schenn Simmonds and Coburn. #confirmed #NHL #Oilers #Flyers

Supposedly Dregor's nephew. Found on a random twitter search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
which schenn?

I'd rather keep one of Hemsky or Yak and drop Couts.

I'd say, the way he is currently playing, Hemmer is the best player in the deal, also, yak has the best upside and the best shot, and both smid and coburn are struggling a bit so thats not a guaranteed upgrade.

I like Simmonds and Brayden Schenn....but not at the expense of both those wingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
I would say no but that's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Nilsson View Post
It's an internet rumour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Yeah, I would do this no problem too, then flip Arcobello somewhere for some more defensive help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
From what I understand its a rumor continued from Marco Normandin's earlier rumor saying that Philly is interested in Yakupov. It's being supported with the fact that Holmgren isn't scared to make huge deals like this as well as the Edmonton media basically confirming the Mike Brown trade was a lead up to another move.

In all honesty I'm not sure how I feel about this deal. It has huge upside for both teams but could end up biting both teams in the ass.
Quote:
You bump down Arco for Schenn?

Arco has 10 points which is equal to the point total of all 4 of the Flyers players (10). Not to mention his +/- is better than all 4 of theirs put together also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
A lead to a minor move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
It's almost as if the Flyers are struggling to score...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I don't see the media telling us there was another huge move coming though... I think we heard to many times about the huge deal that never happened. If they say its a smaller move and nothing happens they can just say it was for recalling Pitlick, etc...
Quote:
I would take something like Simmonds+Read+Morin+1st for Yak+N.Schultz+Jones