View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 01:18 PM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

vCash: 500
While I didnt agree with the firing when it happened, I understood why the move was made. But I felt that it was a shortsighted move like many of this franchises past decisions.

I think its too early to make an assessment on whether or not AV is the right guy here or not and if players regret driving Torts out of town.

The thing that bothers me the most is that the Rangers management & Sather consistently turn the team over every summer with major additions or subtractions. You are almost guaranteed to have a break in period. Top line players, coaches, systems. (Not to mention the renovations, lockout, and other distractions the past few years)

The one year they brought back a majority of the team and didn't turn over too much was two years ago when they had a great season. Sure, health has been a huge factor as well. Which is why its difficult to get a real read on this team and the coaching staff.

If AV gets canned Sather and co. will look like fools if you ask me. What next then? Just reshuffle the deck again? Then what happens when they buy out Richards? You push him out and then you bring in more pieces, most likely in major positions from the UFA market. You can't win like that in this league. Constantly trying to find the right combinations like a mad scientist.

Looking back now, with the new coach coming in it was probably a good time to buy-out Richards and start building again. Whatever. With Nash out this team is going nowhere fast anyway, and even with Nash at 100% the jury is still out on his crunch time play in NY anyway.

When you look at this roster completely healthy its not a bad one. But thats not the reality right now.

Not fun.