View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

vCash: 500
Really starting to enjoy my progress as a player. Last season (summer) I think I spent more time on my ass than skating. I've slowly started to improve my skating where I can keep up with most other players (and my straightaway speed is above average), my faceoffs are a positive as I'm pretty sure I win 70% of them, and now my understanding of the game is getting better.

Last night we had our 4th game of the season and I was involved in the nicest play I've had so far. I carried the puck up the left side of the ice and crossed over the line into 2 defencemen, they were backing up so I cut back towards the middle and noticed my winger streaking in on the right. I threaded a pass between the two defencemen tape to tape and he roofed it on the fly for a really nice play. Highlight of my career hahaha.

It's nice though to improve from going 3 - 8 - 1 and finishing last in our division in the summer to starting off this season 2 - 1 - 1 and controlling the play a lot more. I love hockey.

I really, really, really need to work on my shot though. I feel like I could be way more effective if I could do anything in that regard, because my shot is the worst.