Thread: Player Discussion: Cammalleri, Versteeg, Fleischmann, Smid
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
we are building towards the future. had Suter stayed, we'd by trying to ice a Cup competitive team right now, and trades like some of these might be considered.

But I think we really are trying to get everything line up for next year and the year after that at the earliest. this year will be a combination of restoring respectability and letting some of the youth cut their teeth
Yeah, agreed. I feel like the plan was to gradually turn this roster over into a younger squad back when we parted ways with Arnott, Dumont, Sullivan, etc..., but the Suter departure, Radulov fiasco, and the like threw us off the tracks a bit. We have some expensive filler, but I feel like the organization is on the right path over the next few years.

That said, I'd still consider bringing some of these names in, but not for significant assets or picks. A winger or two, and a few of our second-tier prospects and later picks I could see us part with, depending on the piece, but nothing more than that unless it is a surefire elite player.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 10-23-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote