View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
No way. Del Zotto is definitely better than Ellis. Del Zotto should not be moved unless it's for top six help.
Well, I did say "or expanded"

Ellis is primarily a victim of depth in Nashville right now. First it was Weber and Josi ahead of him. Now Seth Jones has been put ahead of him as well. In a circumstance where he could actually get a bunch of PP time, I think he'd excel. I also think he's on the cusp of really establishing himself in this league.

Nashville is in somewhat of a similar situation to the Rangers, but in reverse. They have Weber, Josi, Jones and Ellis who they want to give time to on the right. Plus Kevin Klein. You know who they have as a top-4 caliber D as a lefty? No one. The Rangers have Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto, and Moore who are left D and they've basically been forced to push one over to the right... with doubtful success. They'd do well to bring in another righty... and one who can shoot the puck on the powerplay especially. Plus, it would allow us to think more seriously about potentially moving Girardi at the deadline, if it came to that.

The value of Ellis+2nd might be somewhat short, but the idea is sound, for sure.