View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Gr8northscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
This is inaccurate. Every team, when they call a player before the draft asks the following question.....If we draft you, will you report. If the player says no, and they really want them, a sales job begins. In the end, no team will draft a player that says no, unless they are a true talent like Lindros or Gretzky. Do you really believe no one wanted Domi before he was taken by Kingston who had a precooked deal with the Knights? Even if I accept your argument that players will still be selected after declining, I will only agree if they are first rounders, A bad rep hurts you with the second and third round picks. It's very easy to play the NCAA card in the second round and quite frankly a team cannot risk losing second rounders. I stand by my original post...this is not a good situation for the Sting and they need to rectify it ASAP. Moving them quickly will show that it is a destination where icetime must be earned and if it is not working out, then they will help a kid further his career by moving him. How could anyone complain about that? To drag your heels to punish a kid or agent is shortsighted.
Sounds like you're agreeing with my comment. It happens more than we know.
I don't think the Sting are to blame. Every player does this for their own needs. Trades sometimes take time to take shape.