View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
My thinking behind this is based on a few things:

#1 Simmonds- We need a sure roster player back to replace Yakupov.
#2 Read- We need a roster player back to offset the high-end skill potential of Yakupov that Simmonds will not fill alone in the stats+W/L depts.
#3 Morin- A high end prospect to replenish the cupboards in our prospect pool which addresses organizational needs, which will off-set our 15-18 yr. loss.
#4 1st Rd. Pick- A safety net in case said prospect does not pan out.

We have no need for C now atm, so I would pass on Schenn, and Couturier, they are unproven HF fanboy delights IMO, and would become redundant on our roster. Coburn would be nice however we simply cannot afford his caphit if we take back Simmonds.

I have no interest in giving away Hemsky at this time. The N.Schultz and Jones throw ins are essentially cap-dumps so we can pursue a goalie or D in the future.

#1 over-all picks have gone for more than this in the past, and Yakupov is relatively unproven at this point.
Isn't Morin kinda redundant with our prospect pool? I rather look for that young d-man that is in the NHL and has potential instead of taking multiple assets that may or may not pan out. Even Read, when is he dealt? Bad contract for a guy who is pretty much a third liner. At 27 we might've seen the best of the kid. At this point I rather go with Arcobello than have Read being the #2 asset in a deal for Yak that doesn't include a top line player.