View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Hardyvan123
[email protected]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I think the US will eventually start producing more top end talent, but the growth in US hockey has still not shown in upper tier players at the NHL level, it will eventually imo, but top notch players of today aren't any better than previous generations, in fact, defensively they look to be worse, but make it up a bit in net. Offensively, no change imo, Brett Hull/Chelios being the best of both groups imo. Actually I would probably take Chelios/Leetch/Howe over all the US dman from today.

I agree that Chelios, Leetch and Howe make up a better group of Dmen than today's group but Brett Hull was a Canadian produced player and Kane and company stack up to Jeremy/LaFontaine quite well.

The original assertion was that the number of Canadian hockey registrations somehow lead to more US born role players today, which hasn't be supported yet.

The original claim was for the early 90's compared to today with 30 NHL teams so obviously more teams would mean more role players right off the get go right?

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote