Thread: Player Discussion: Coots: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Even without Corsi (which is actually kind of irrelevant in what I just said, apart from showing how good he is defensively, which everyone knows anyway) the other factors are pretty self explanatory as to why someone would be unable to put up points in such a situation. Look at Grabovski last year when he has to play that kind of role... he went from a 50 point forward to a 30 point guy overnight, look at JVR the other-way... 40 point to 60 with a different role.

I would agree on the skating... it needs to improve, but I truly believe he has the offensive instincts.

The thing is... even if he somehow produces 40 points in his current situation, on is on pace for that at the midpoint of the season... how is he going to move up the lineup barring injuries, even if he plays well enough to 'force' his way up? He arguably did enough to force his way up in his first year when people were out, he went up the lineup, played well and put up points, then was moved back down the second they were back.

The only way I see it happening is Lecav moving to G's wing fulltime, and Schenn going to wing, but that pushes more wingers out of the top 6, so Read and Simmonds would be on the 3rd with no decent centres, and Raffl and McGinn would have to play on the 4th or be scratched.

Then we don't have a 3C who can take a lot of defensive draws/play well against the best players in the league... so Couts would end up doing that on the 2nd line and the wingers would offensively as well as Couts due to the better opponents they face.