View Single Post
Old
10-23-2013, 09:02 PM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
I think the Phils need to go on a full rebuild or raise the payroll substantially. They need to go one way or the other because what they are doing now, just is not working. I understand we already have the third highest payroll, but we cannot keep trading all of our prospects to fill our roster needs. I would like to see them raise the payroll to sign some free agents so we don't have to trade our prospects. The only thing I would trade any of our top prospects for is a RH outfielder who is young and can be with the team for a long time. Otherwise fill our roster through free agency so that we can start bringing our prospects up trough the leagues.

My ideal offseason for offense would be to get a pure leadoff hitter like Ellsbury(if he makes it to FA) so we can move Rollins down to #2 or even further. And the second thing we need is that RH outfielder we have been missing since Werth and Pence. Maybe I would trade either prospects or Brown and prospects for a guy like Stanton from Miami since he is young and could be kept around for the long term.

My hopeful lineup would be

Ellsbury CF
Rollins SS
Utley 2B
Howard 1B
Stanton RF
Brown LF
Ruiz C
Asche 3B

or

Ellsbury
Utley
Stanton
Howard
Rollins
Brown
Ruiz
Asche

If we don't start raising the payroll I feel like we are going to be stuck with a middle of the pack team. I believe the above lineups could get our offense going and get us back to playoff contention.