View Single Post
10-23-2013, 10:49 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Maybe I would trade either prospects or Brown and prospects for a guy like Stanton from Miami since he is young and could be kept around for the long term.

If we don't start raising the payroll I feel like we are going to be stuck with a middle of the pack team. I believe the above lineups could get our offense going and get us back to playoff contention.
Yeah, you aren't getting Stanton for Brown + the prospects the Phillies have. The farm team isn't in a very good shape and other teams would offer more than what the Phils can. I see no reason the Marlins would downgrade from Stanton to Brown and a couple prospects that aren't likely to amount to much.

I don't see how raising the payroll will help. Which players out there are young enough that the contract won't look bad? Plus, with RAJ as the GM I shudder to think the kind of contract he would give out; that Howard extension looks worse and worse each year. The core and majority of the team is still compromised of aging, declining players. I think the best way to get better would be to get top, young prospects, but you have to draft at the top for those.