View Single Post
10-23-2013, 10:07 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Yeah, you aren't getting Stanton for Brown + the prospects the Phillies have. The farm team isn't in a very good shape and other teams would offer more than what the Phils can. I see no reason the Marlins would downgrade from Stanton to Brown and a couple prospects that aren't likely to amount to much.

I don't see how raising the payroll will help. Which players out there are young enough that the contract won't look bad? Plus, with RAJ as the GM I shudder to think the kind of contract he would give out; that Howard extension looks worse and worse each year. The core and majority of the team is still compromised of aging, declining players. I think the best way to get better would be to get top, young prospects, but you have to draft at the top for those.
So what do you think we should do? Because in all honesty the only other options i see are to blow it up or continue to be a mediocre team until this core ages out of the league. I guess we could have a good season if Howard, Utley and Rollins rebound with big years but we will still need to get a real leadoff hitter, a right handed power hitter and a lot of bullpen help.

I do think Howard will have a much better season because he will be getting healthier but we still need to upgrade this roster a lot. The outfield was terrible offensive and defensively as a whole this season