View Single Post
Old
12-10-2006, 11:13 AM
lilooet*

vCash: 500
Intangibles: The U words

Yes, the U words: Honour, Valour, Succour etc. These are the parts of hockey that cannot be taught, and can only be acquired through crafty trading and tremendous drafting. Some players have such qualities, and others never will. For instance, though I am publicly a Souray basher - especially when I am watching games with friends - I could not help but notice his remarkable and honorable personality on the ice yesterday. Did anyone notice what he did after he set up Ryder's goal, while everyone else was celebrating? He went straight for Koivu to help him off the ice, as he was seemingly the only one who noticed.

I realise that he may have to go at year's end; and I personally have thought that it may be best to move him now while his stock is high. That said, losing leadership like that can really cost a team, and the next time I see him make an idiotic pass from the corner, make a moronic pinch during 4 on 4, take a lazy penalty, or break another stick on an ill-conceived slap shot, I will bite my chapped and slightly scabrous lip.

lilooet* is offline   Reply With Quote