View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 12:10 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Is the fact they have too much high end talent one of them? No.

"Balance" is a load of crap. The best teams are the ones with the best players. That's it.

Right now? Probably not. Imagine how much further away we'd be without any high end talent. Oh wait: you don't have to imagine it. That's been the reality for this franchise for most of the last 20-odd years. And now that we have an embarrassment of riches, people want to chuck some of it overboard to fit some abstract notion of what a team should look like? It's embarrassing.
Yea thats right... You can have all the offense in the world but defence is what wins you games. So maybe your definition of best player needs to be changed.

As you brought up int this thread I said I dont care if we have 3-4-5 thirty goal scorers if we dont win games. Last year we had 4 guys on pace for 25+ goals and were 10 points out of the playoffs. Mean while a team like the blues with two guys on pace for 25+ goals finishes 4th in the division. Guys who can prevent goals are just as important as guys scoring them and once we as fans figure that out we'll be a lot better off.

I'd easily deal Yakupov, Smid, Hemsky for Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Coburn. Then I'd look to flip Gagner+Klefbom to Phoenix for Yandle and our 1st+N.Schutz to NYR at the deadline for Girardi. Roll with this lineup going into the playoffs knock on wood.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Schenn-Simmonds
Couturier-Gordon-Joensuu
Gazdic-Arcobello-Pitlick
Smyth, Smack

Yandle-Girardi
Coburn-Petry
Belov-Schultz
Grebeshkov

Dubnyk
Labarbera

Still need a goalie but by moving those 3 assets we give ourselves quite a few more assets to go out and get a half decent dman(not a legit #1 but top pairing).