View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Savant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Here's what I'm wondering...

The Avalanche have been in the bottom of the league for the past several years...

They hire Roy, and all of the sudden they are a ****ing powerhouse, winning just about every game, and dominating while doing so...

Why isn't that something we could have had? Is AV not good enough? is the Rangers Roster that much worse off than Colorado's last year?

It's baffling to me
Colorado has great offensive talent but what made the difference is Roy went in day 1 got the team to play his way and implemented his identity. Vigneault is a good hockey mind and a good hockey coach, but I really don't see any evidence that he can in first day on the job all guns firing. The team has lost the identity that Torts cultivated, but hasn't replaced it with anything at all. In the NHL your team needs to have an identity. Roy gave one to the Avalanche and he affirmed it when he pushed the plexi glass in the first game of the season. I think Sather and even some of the players thought that just getting a new voice in the locker room was enough but it clearly is not the case.

Vigneault had a horrendous preseason and the team started the regular season way behind the 8 ball. With all the injuries they haven't been able to create any momentum and haven't been any good anyway. However, the Rangers are a ship without a rudder right now.